We're answering your questions on our progressive new Group Fitness Schedule!
ANU Sport is launching its most anticipated group fitness offering in recent times, with a combination of:
- New classes.
- A reclassification of existing classes into new formats.
- Extra classes.
- New class times. For the convenience of our members, we will be introducing classes in the 7:30am, 8:00am & 9:00am timeslots.
THE NEW GROUP FITNESS TIMETABLE BEGINS MONDAY 26TH JULY AND IS ATTACHED
++WE KNOW YOU WILL HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEW CHANGES, SO WE WILL EXPLAIN THEM HERE++
1. 'TACTICAL' CLASS CHANGES:
We have some minor tweaks to the program.
• Tactical 6:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays will RETURN to 7:00am as of the 27th of July. WOO!
ALL tactical classes are being split into 2 categories - TACTICAL STRENGTH & TECH and TACTICAL SHRED
• To put it simply, it reflects what the trainers are already doing in their teaching styles, and it’s easier for us to advertise and explain.
• Does much change for you guys? No.
• If I go to Casey’s Strength & Tech class, will I be doing bicep curls and deadlifts for an hour? No.
• Will there still be burpees and high intensity intervals? Yes.
• If I go to James’ shred class, will I be doing aerobics for an hour? No.
• Will there still be weights? Yes.
To reiterate: The workout won’t change, just the name. 7am is back. This all starts from 26.7.2021.
2. HYBRID (replaces HIIT & CIRCUIT classes):
We have made some minor tweaks to the program.
• HIIT and Circuit are now called HYBRID. (HYBRID30, HYBRID45 refer to the length of the class. HYBRID Agility & Core replaces Circuit Core).
• To put it simply, the “circuit” name wasn’t reflecting our class styles anymore, and there wasn’t much of a difference between HIIT and circuit!
• Are they different classes to what they were before? No!
• HIIT30 (now Hybrid30) on Monday mornings at 6:30am - is now at 8:00am.
• HIIT60 on Saturdays has unfortunately been canceled due to low attendance.
• HIIT45 (now Hybrid 45) on Fridays at 5:30pm will be back in Level 3.
To reiterate: No change to the workout, just a rebrand. One time change, one cancelation, one relocation. This all starts from 26.7.2021.
If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact me (ANU Sport group fitness coordinator Emily Ryan) either in class or by sending me an email - emily [dot] ryananu-sport [dot] com [dot] au
Look forward to seeing you soon in Group Fitness - don't forget, BOXFITNESS is also an exciting new class starting 26.7.
More infos and registration on BoxFitness:
Group Fitness Coordinator