The Australian National University Women’s Hockey Club operates as part of the ANU Sports and Recreation Association. Anyone is welcome to play for ANUWHC! We have approximately 120 members comprising of ANU students, graduates and students of other universities. The majority of members are in the 18-26 year age group, but we also value our long standing club veterans. As a university-based club, ANUWHC experiences a relatively high turnover of players, typically around 30% per year.
ANUWHC competes in all levels of the Hockey ACT women’s competition, from 1st grade right through to 6th grade. In 2018 ANUWHC will be fielding 8 teams. Each year the club has members selected to play for representative and national teams.
Why play for us?
- ANUWHC has the cheapest club fees in Canberra for university students
- Outstanding social life and opportunities to build community networks
- ANUWHC is a large club giving the opportunity to play hockey at any standard
- Committee dedicated to making your hockey experience fun and rewarding
- Opportunities to join the ANUWHC Committee in your first year
Saturday 17th February from 9.30am-11.30am on the Watt field in Lyneham
Saturday 24th February from 9.30am-11.30am on the Watt field in Lyneham
Club trainings are between 6pm and 8.30pm on Wednesday nights at the National Hockey Centre in Lyneham
Individual team training times are to be confirmed closer to the beginning of the season.
Membership fees: still to be confirmed due to changes in Hockey Australia and Hockey ACT fees.
2017 fees were:
- ANU students: TBC
- Under 18 student players: TBC + $120 SRA fee
- Non-ANU student: TBC + $120 SRA Membership
Fees are increased if paid after due date.