NUCC offers regular caving trips for all experience levels, catering to beginners through to those more advanced, with no previous experience required.
Single Rope Technique (SRT) training sessions are run from 6-8pm every Tuesday at ANU Sport in the old hall where we practice the ropes skills needed for advanced caving. Members of the NUCC learn many great skills including abseiling, prusiking (ascending), knots, rigging, rescue techniques and more.
Many of our caving trips involve overnight camping either in huts or tents. These trips are a fantastic way to meet new people and enjoy the outdoors. As an added bonus, the NUCC is a member of the Australian Speleological Federation (ASF), allowing us access to an array of beautifully decorated and unspoilt caves all around Australia.
What we offer
- Regular caving trips for both beginner and advanced cavers
- Provision of gear (helmets, headlamps, ropes, harnesses, etc)
- Weekly SRT training (6-8pm Tuesday: ANU Sport’s old hall)
- Regular social gatherings
- Access to Australian Speleological Federation (ASF) permit caves