There were no Blue Awards recieved in 2008
Half Blue Award
Louise Kilby (Rowing)
- Winner of ACT Winter Time Trial Series – Cirilius Plate
- Won a silver in the Womens Single Skull at the Australian University Rowing Championships
- 2 silvers and a bronze at the ACT Championships
- Represented ACT in the Womens Eight at the Kings Cup Regatta
- Louise will Represent Australia at the u23 World Rowing Championships later this year.
Elliott Christian (Hockey)
- ANUMHC 1st Grade team
- Top goal scorer for ANUMGC 1st – 9 Goals
- State U/21 Player
- Former State U/18 Player
- Current ACTAS Scholarship holder
Kerstin Oberprieler (Taekwon-do)
- Won a Silver medal at the Commonwealth Taekwondo Union Championships in Canada.
- Won Gold at the NSW Spring, Winter and Autumn Open Championships
- Was graded for her 3rd Dan Black Belt
- Nominated for Young Canberran and Young Canberran Group Awards in 2008.
- Kerstin has been selected to compete at the World University Games held in Serbia later this year
Peter McCullagh Achievement Award
- President of the Interhall Sports Committee
- Formulated a risk and event management plan for Inward Bound.
- Complex administrative and personal challenge
- Spent many hours in meetings with key stakeholders and local government officers negotiating aspects of the risk management plan
- While IB did not run in 2008 John’s efforts ensured the survival of IB for future years. IB was once again on the Interhall sports calendar for 2009.
- Attained the pinnacle of non commercial diving in Australia.
- Undertaken and led a number of expeditions all over Austrlaia
- Has acquired a rare knowledge and ability to blend elevated oxygen breathing mixtures.
- Chris is always helping new members with advice and practical assistance.
- Contributes greatly to the maintenance of club equipment and boats
- Has lifted the standard across all levels of the club
- Holds a 3rd Degree Black belt
- Represented the Club at a State and National level
- Instigated many initiatives
- Always a helping hand to help organize market day, demonstrations or wherever it is needed.
- Kendo Club Secretary
- Top ranked ANU Female rower in point score regattas.
- Represented ACT as stroke of Lightweight Women’s quad at the Kings Cup Regatta
- Won a Bronze Medal at the NSW State Championships
- Won a Bronze medal in the Open Lightweight Women’s Double at the Australian National Championships.
- Was Vice President of the ANU Boat Club
- Plays a vital role in the Club on & off the field
- Captain of the ANUMHC 1st for the last 3 years
- Voted into the top 5 Brophy Medal Count.
- Won Hockey ACT’s Best and Fairest Award.
- Played an instrumental role in recruiting and placing new players within the club
- Carried out the role of fundraining and sponsorship coordinator for the Men’s Hockey Club
- Developed competitive free diving in Australia
- Is working on raising awareness and competition for freedivers in Australia
- Runs training courses in Canberra
- Has trained with some of the best freedivers in the world including the world #1.
- Has an extensive list of achievments across all categories of diving.
Vice Chancellor’s Award for Most Improved
- Resurrected themselves from scratch in 2007
- Recruited over 200 club members at market day in 2008.
- Provided value to its members through competitions, social tennis, free BBQs and great social events.
- Watching the ANU tennis club resurrect was like watching a “phoenix rise from the ashes”.
- Achieved some great results on the local tennis circuit
Club of the Year Award
The Men’s Hockey Club
- Entered eleven teams, one in every grade of ACT Hockey
- All but two of the eleven teams qualified for the finals series in their respective grades
- Five teams were successful in progressing to their grand finals.
- Two teams won premierships.
- Two club members were nominated in the top 5 for ACT’s prestigious Brophy Medal count.
- Number of memebrs selected in ACT representative sides
Sport Star of the Year Award
- Has an extensive list of achievements including world #2 for 175m dynamic without fins.
- Holds 5 of 7 Australian Records across competition categories.
- Was world #8 for 206m Dynamic with fins