The ANU Badminton Club is a social club that caters for students from a wide variety of backgrounds, and aims to foster, promote and develop the sport on a social and competitive level. The club has existed since the 1970s and hosts regular sessions on Saturdays (2-5pm) for members to meet up and play.
Badminton is a great way to socialise, meet new people and get fit. The club provides shuttles during regular sessions and loans equipment such as racquets to those who are just beginning to play. Free coaching at the end of sessions is also an option for players who want to improve their skills or play for the club competitively.
Club members have the opportunity to:
- Attend our social Saturday playing sessions (2-5pm), which includes optional coaching from 4-5pm
- Play in local competitions - ACT Open, ACT Interclub Challenge, ANU Closed
- Represent ANU at UniSport Nationals
- Participate in Intervarsity Competitions
- Attend club social events
Both ANU Students and non-ANU students are welcome to join our club. A fixed year membership (Feb-Nov) costs $50 for ANU students and $195 for Non-ANU students (2019). In addition, it costs $5 to play at our Saturday sessions.
How to get involved:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get club news/updates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ANUBadmintonClub