ANU Sport is an independent incorporated association that delivers sport, fitness and recreation services and opportunities to the ANU Community. ANU Sport is a UniSport member institution and the ANU is a member of the Group of 8, Australia’s 8 leading universities.
Our goal here at ANU Sport is to enhance and grow the opportunities for the ANU community to engage in sport, fitness and recreation, promoting well-being and balanced lifestyles. As one team, we deliver for over 3,000 members, catering for performance through to participation with an emphasis on experience, excellence and diversity.
ANU Sport is responsible for the operation and management of the ANU Sport Fitness Centre and all ANU Sport facilities, along with supporting 35 sporting clubs and delivering social and competitive sporting programs.
ANU Sport is currently hiring for the roles:
- Be responsible for the delivery of development and inclusion programs to support student involvement in sport and fitness;
- Be responsible for implementing inclusion and engagement initiatives in conjunction with our students, clubs and relevant Associations;
- Provide support to student athletes wishing to engage in sport and recreation;
- Provide assistance with the organisation and coordination of all ANU teams participating in UniSport Australia, Group of 8 and Intervarsity events;
- Support the marketing and promotion of events targeting student involvement and achievement; and
- Other duties as directed.
- Have the capacity to co-ordinate multiple responsibilities;
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver high quality development, inclusion and social awareness programs and services;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Demonstrate the capacity to lead and work with others; and
- Willingness to learn and to show initiative.
- Unit staff – program co-ordination
- Association staff – organisational cohesion and efficiency
- Association management – organisational cohesion and direction
- Clubs and athletes – fulfilling service obligations
- University sport industry – leading practice and organisation philosophy
- Local sporting community - leading practice and organisation philosophy
- Campus advocacy groups and support services
- Sport and Recreation Officer
- Club Development Officer
- Sport Development Manager
- Other ANU Sport staff
Applicants must submit a covering letter, curriculum vitae, and a statement addressing each of the attributes (no more than two pages). Applications are to be submitted to ANU Sport via email: email@example.com
Applications will close 5.00pm on Friday, March 15th 2019. For further information please contact Lindsay Burrows via email: Lindsay.Burrows@anu-sport.com.au.