ANU Sport is an independent incorporated association that delivers sport, fitness and recreation services and opportunities to the ANU Community. ANU Sport is a UniSport member institution and the ANU is a member of the Group of 8, Australia’s 8 leading universities.
Our goal here at ANU Sport is to enhance and grow the opportunities for the ANU community to engage in sport, fitness and recreation, promoting well-being and balanced lifestyles. As one team, we deliver for over 3,000 members, catering for performance through to participation with an emphasis on experience, excellence and diversity.
ANU Sport is responsible for the operation and management of the ANU Sport Fitness Centre and all ANU Sport facilities, along with supporting 35 sporting clubs and delivering social and competitive sporting programs.
ANU Sport is currently hiring for the following roles:
The role of Sport Manager is key in enabling the organisation of sport activities across ANU. Managing a team of three full time and six casual staff members, your key responsibilities include:
- Managing all key deliverables of the Sports Unit.
- Setting the strategic direction of the Sports Unit.
- Leading the delivery and promotion of social sport and recreation programs.
- Responsibility for affiliated club coordination.
- Oversee the coordination of the ANU’s representative sports teams.
- Management and coordination of the Elite Athlete support programs.
- Support the marketing and promotion of events targeting student involvement and achievement.
- Manage relationships with sporting associations, ANU sport clubs and student groups.
- Oversee the delivery of the ANU Sports Scholarship Program.
- Be responsible for targeting student leadership, involvement and achievement.
- Other duties as directed.
The Sport Manager will report to the General Manager but will also work closely with the Chief Executive Officer in relation to Board responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Sport Manager with a passion for managing and delivering sports programs. Experience in the tertiary sector would be highly considered. You are someone who wants to work with good people and make a difference. You have a desire to bring your extensive knowledge to bear on a new challenge.
You will have:
- proven capacity to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment that covers a wide variety of issues;
- well-developed organisational and time management skills;
- strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- a strong background in sport/club management and governance;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- willingness to initiate and implement positive change and to exercise judgement
For more information on this opportunity please contact Mike Rethman on (02) 6125 5439 or email@example.com
Applications will close Friday 3th May 2019. Please provide resume and accompanying cover letter addressing the criteria listed above, and send to Jobs@anu-sport.com.au.